Monday, June 22, 2009

Witching Me
Burn memory into mePress all the imageswhite hot against thehide of my mindSmell the sound ofcrackling smokeAs it rises off my headSoak this text and set itI will breathe the steamof herbs and tiny bonesTied up with your hairOils, pigment and silver flakeThrow skins over my backand dust into my eyesPaint me into a symbolon the chimney wallMake a necklace of my teethShake my body involuntaryUntil I evaporate, floatingout the window in the hoary airand live in the clock above the door

Last Big Storm
Naked trees like black veins under the purplish skin of tonightSlow drifting snow covering everything over under all of thisQuiet laden white spreading creeping full of mindless designLike watching moss grow in stop motion photographyHardly a car in the road all rivulets of silence


Drift
chimney smoke dragons rising slowinto hanging thermocline shelvesin the alley, ashes, cats and carsyoung people grown in all their dayscrashing through night like glass,like symbolsblack so deep to craze youagainst the burning white outsidemake your head whip back and forthand hanging in the recesses like batsso tangled inside sometimes, so cold
cc


Propel
You get older and the injuries start to pile upThat scar hangs aroundCough keeps coming backResidual layers and theadopted furniture from the year beforeTransmissions get slower in betweenTime speeds up and space gets smallerMost don't see it comingNeither did I


raspberry has very as prairie pies
called home to gloryshe didn't answerraspberry bush had been skeletonizedgone wheeling flockseverywhere feathersraspberries falling out of the skiesstole me a ticketafternoon trainraspberry juice on the railway tiesrode out of townunder the mountainraspberry bush grows wings and flies



react
That momentary sense of disorientationBefore you believe you're right on trackIndulgent and distantHieroglyphics floating in the airMen sorting mail in the ceilingand there's a black robe at the windowThe peculiarities mightn't even be originalIt's the recombination that's in the detailsOnly five true stories the worldThe rest is variationIt must be lonely, recreating yourself each dayor it must be lonely to have to watchNo steady timeBut there's holes you can jump intoLadders to climbWind whistling outside so you knowThe idea of springFolk almost never discern betweenhonesty and gloomor manners and weaknessCinders raining on my pantsBy the glow of porcelain angel night lightsWhile fumes pour out of openingsYou could live the most basic visceral lifeJust responding to synaptic gapsand reflexive inborn desireor[compartmentalize]Existing in the space betweenButane and ethyl are only objectsstrewn around you in semi-circlesExchanging gases and steadinessfor long time and shortAs if you had a clue what time wasor weatherFloor creaking like the ocean lineryou've been dreaming ofSpin the topoffRoll your headand realign


Randy In The Doorway
Met a bum name of Randy standing in a doorwayHe asked for CHANGETold him I had noneOffered him a drink from my flaskTo take the chill off, I said"Damn right it's cold," he said"Lose your job 'cause of a fuckin' cunt?""Well, that's what happened to me!"


Workaday Workaway Walkaway
Graveyard humour in the smokers cornerStaffroom sitcom coffee chatterSmoke my way through the dayand maybe I need to eat so damn muchbecause I hardly ever sleepSubtle jibes and polite fuck yousand no goddamn sugar for coffeeProtocol and decorum are for pansiesI won't deign to worry anymorebecause I hardly ever sleepLooped shop music, recycled airFlakey elitist bubble I bounce offI'm Bill Bixby's retarded janitor,in The Incredible Hulkbecause I hardly ever sleep




Fugue
The body has to know when to fast or when to exceed itWhat chance does it stand when it's reputation precedes itIf your genes won't fit and you just don't quit,keep a separate mind in a bowl.Overfeed it and it floats on it's side,leave it buried in a pile of coal.Watch me do Moriarty and Paradiseat the very same time.I'll write this shit while I'm doing itand it pr'olly won't even rhyme.Well, young man, is it for bestare you ever gonna learn?When you live each day like a vision quest,you're gonna get a chemical burnDon't drown in the stream...........(of consciousness)If life's but a dream............................(merrily)Full moon, paranthetical cloudsIt ain't so bad if you can beat the crowds




Late Alone Flow
Reverse electron spinNeurochemical happenstanceMistranslated syncopationCrashing gently alongStand barefoot in the snowDrinking greener pasturesVariable agents sleeping uprightWaystations at the crossroadsThese snarling spasmodic bifurcated clarinetsCarry the burden decrease the populationInundation thresholdA voiceWhirling stunned and readySoak these guitar strings in saltwaterRelease Fibonacci timebombs left as barbed jokesSimhavaktra's stomping dance has scarred my backBelt of heads disfigured by confusion and viceWe all need distractionPolyhedrous panopticonThese horizons stretched to a shining wireImponderable consequences like mortarWrap us up in thisUnfurling stream of consciousnessNever too tired to swim


Locust Man
Shamble along one arm shorter than the otherFall, get up again, fallStop short of the door, reelKeep going contorted visage ensures exclusionLook over that too high shoulderConfirming what's already knownWear enough coats to blend right on inBounce off the door, straightenCounting sidewalk cracksSpit black invective at your own reflectionMaking pops and clicks in the back of your throatThen start to runCrowds parting like MosesBroadcasting scrambled non-cogenciesWhoever you crash into will simply be absorbed

Unsinkable Mary
Comes in almost every dayI swear she's like, a hundred years oldShe says it's because they had to eat dandilion roots during the depressionCrawled on their hands and knees eating them right out of the groundSays she still does it every summer, that's why she lives so longWonder what her neighbours thinkDon't imagine she gives a damn what they thinkWe should all be so lucky


doldrum
drink until the bass feels like masturbationwatch tall women set down collapsing leather satchelsi'm going blindcount the money in your pocket while you have a conversationit's cold out you fuckers let's burn this place down



Saturday, February 17, 2007
Can Animals Understand Music
Piano concerto, ariaProcreate, forageBreakbeat, sirenCamouflage, predateGuitar solo, staffHibernate, parasitismA capella, stacattoPecking order, grooming
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 6:55 PM 0 comments
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Cover Of Darkness
Fighting off sleep like wolvesJust one more lineOne more stanzaLost control somehowNow the words are writing meSwept up and overUnder mountainous valleysThis comes shooting down my armsLike an injection in reverseCan't walk the streets withoutseeing my words go by orwatching things turn into poemsIt's easier at night, like writing issomething clandestine or dirtylike fucking, somehow, or stealingBut that's how I like it.Guiltily hammering away at the keysKeeping my mind well enough lubricatedThere's a balance. Fine line to straddleyou could keep it going for hoursif you can keep controlShameful to let something sweet like thatdegenerate into a conversation with myselfLike maybe this just has...
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 6:38 PM 1 comments
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Peripheral Visions
K-4 class touring at my workThe teachers, white women,have isolated a little black boyfrom one of three groupsNow it's him, eleven white girlsand two white womenHe looks fine to me, but hedoesn't want to pay attentionKeeps trying to walk backover to where the boys areThe women talk to himreally slow like he's dumbBut you can see he's notHe's crouching just on theperiphery when one teachersays to the other,"Do you want me to takehim for a walk?"The glare off of this kidcould've dropped an elephant
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 3:32 PM 2 comments
Cancer
The eye of this thing rolls toward meWith voracious unfocused intellectDriving inward like the biggest nailIt contracts and presses my chest to cavingWhen it gets in it will take somethingTime, maybe
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:27 PM 0 comments
Drift
chimney smoke dragons rising slowinto hanging thermocline shelvesin the alley, ashes, cats and carsyoung people grown in all their dayscrashing through night like glass,like symbolsblack so deep to craze youagainst the burning white outsidemake your head whip back and forthand hanging in the recesses like batsso tangled inside sometimes, so cold
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 7:18 AM 0 comments
Monday, February 12, 2007
Winter Owlies
and I's worried about folkfine folk who, like m'selfcouldn't jettison escape pods,fly to timeshares,or didn't enjoy cross country skiingnot enough light yetgotten a touch long fer my likingwhiskey bottle's gotten biggerwhole goddam provinceshould'a been a seasonal farmwhat kook decided this'd bewhere to stayand it were real cold back thenold timers say we've got 'er easyback then a horse drawn buggywith a wood burning stove in itglobal warming deal's not quick enoughfor me, two month nap I thinkis the proper way to go about all this
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 4:19 PM 1 comments
Propel
You get older and the injuries start to pile upThat scar hangs aroundCough keeps coming backResidual layers and theadopted furniture from the year beforeTransmissions get slower in betweenTime speeds up and space gets smallerMost don't see it comingNeither did I
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 3:08 AM 0 comments
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Throw The T.V. Out The Window
Timba's pimpin' little NellAnna Nicole dead in hotelAsronaut in diapers smellNew Islamoterror cellU.S. fighting drug cartelEnviroment has gone to hellAlas, poor Yorick. I knew him well
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 3:43 PM 0 comments
Great Grandma Houston
I remember yellow in a hue I haven't seen sinceThe drapes, the sun coming throughMotes of dust in the sunlightCandies in a glass dish on the tableI thought they were sun candiesSweet yellow discs and that's how the sun must tasteShe was so littleI remember
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 12:43 PM 1 comments
Friday, February 09, 2007
raspberry has very as prairie pies
called home to gloryshe didn't answerraspberry bush had been skeletonizedgone wheeling flockseverywhere feathersraspberries falling out of the skiesstole me a ticketafternoon trainraspberry juice on the railway tiesrode out of townunder the mountainraspberry bush grows wings and flies
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 5:32 PM 0 comments
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Headache/This Too Shall Pass
Starts behind my right earGoes arcing acrossthe side of my headStops like a sharp rockhitting me in the templeBrought me down onone knee at work onceBut I'm indestructibleSometimes four, fivetimes in a day it comesBlasting across the insideof my skull like tiny lightningI've had better, I've had worseDon't need a doctor or a nurse
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 5:52 PM 2 comments
Smoking In A Synthetic Living Room With The Smoke Detector Unplugged
Boiling water sets it offWaking up, start to coughFlashpoint, flareBurning hairFell asleepIn too deepSirens farFrom where you areCats are cringingCurtains singeingMolten plasticThis is drasticSprinkler system?Must'a missed 'emExtinguisher?I barely know 'erThick black smokeMake you chokeFlames so highBurn your eyeApartment infernoLiving room Sterno
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:22 PM 0 comments
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Savour
Let it build upBefore you let it outBeyond reproach...redemptionFuck all the facades 'n rusesBut hold it 'til you can'tBecause when you unload/upload it...
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:18 PM 0 comments
Monday, February 05, 2007
Limewire/I'm A Liar
Here we goHow would you feelLast three daysMy primitive ancestryComing down the mountainTruth comes backThought I heard a rumblingWhat did you do that forLike I told youThat is the questionMama was queen of the jungleYou're from Texas. That's beautiful.Time for us to bug outFishing off DervishBefore that sun goes downIt's just another day
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:45 AM 2 comments
Saturday, February 03, 2007
The Suitman
I was the fedoraThen there was a suitcase for awhileOnce I was the gleam in his left eyeNow I'm the bird on his shoulderTwelve years he's been drawnDrawn from what, I've no ideaOr even drawn to whereComes automaticSometimes wearing a watchA flower in his lapelWay too many fingersGaunt in the cheeksMaybe I'm the bird's song
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:24 AM 0 comments
Friday, February 02, 2007
Laze
My head is your lapHand on your hipLet's have a napWe'll take a tripFreezing outsideRelaxing in hereWeatherman liedLet's stay in, dearPopcorn, showTea and wineWind and snowFeeling fineSpring will comeI could waitKiss me someThis is great
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 1:24 PM 1 comments
Thursday, February 01, 2007
react
That momentary sense of disorientationBefore you believe you're right on trackIndulgent and distantHieroglyphics floating in the airMen sorting mail in the ceilingand there's a black robe at the windowThe peculiarities mightn't even be originalIt's the recombination that's in the detailsOnly five true stories the worldThe rest is variationIt must be lonely, recreating yourself each dayor it must be lonely to have to watchNo steady timeBut there's holes you can jump intoLadders to climbWind whistling outside so you knowThe idea of springFolk almost never discern betweenhonesty and gloomor manners and weaknessCinders raining on my pantsBy the glow of porcelain angel night lightsWhile fumes pour out of openingsYou could live the most basic visceral lifeJust responding to synaptic gapsand reflexive inborn desireor[compartmentalize]Existing in the space betweenButane and ethyl are only objectsstrewn around you in semi-circlesExchanging gases and steadinessfor long time and shortAs if you had a clue what time wasor weatherFloor creaking like the ocean lineryou've been dreaming ofSpin the topoffRoll your headand realign
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 1:07 AM 3 comments
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
On A Tear
Drunk construction workers in my parking spotLaughin' n' coughin' so hardI can hear them dyingNice enoughThe dude with the clearer eyes talks to meas the other one pisses on my buildingWednesday night"Yeah, Mark and I are on a tear in Regina!""We just had a big heart to heart and Idon't want anything lost between us.""Whooooo!! Whoooo hoooo!"Stumble, stumble, crash bang boom.
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 8:07 PM 1 comments
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Fly In The Face
I want to write words that...Wrap around cornersCrack the pavementSnake through drainsCling to branchesFall down stairsShake off waterEat each otherthat...Hold out hopeClean the streetsMake you shiverCover a distanceTouch soft placesBroach all subjectsChange the weather
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:44 PM 1 comments
What's Wrong With That Boy?
He just can't get right.Up all night long.Tears around herelike a scalded rabbit.He might say anything!And the appetites.Shameless.He's got to get so far outof himself to come back around.And what's with all the books?Who does he think he is, anyway?Always with the jokes.He's a real character, all right.
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:34 AM 0 comments
Monday, January 29, 2007
Open
Pour out and swirlBe a vesselNever emptyI will run overContain meRippleTrickleSplashTorrentRageBe placid
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 5:05 PM 0 comments
Friday, January 26, 2007
Wording
For the record, KennethYou found me on a street.Not in the street.I'll be on these streetslong after youRemember that youremembered meand that I don'tremember you
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 8:35 PM 3 comments
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Mauritius
High density housingFlight pathHeavy trafficIce fog rolls inSlows everything downI don't want to worryAbout workmoneyagingcancerprocreationor anythingI'm the sheriff for the kids at my jobThe glint of my badgeKeys jangling like spursCartoonish, maybeBut they remember my name when they come backAnd I don't have to do this foreverIt doesn't even have to feel like forever
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:51 PM 0 comments
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Restraint
Fuck you, spectatorsFuck you, instigatorsFuck you, thieving magpiesYour speculation,like something stuck in your teeth,shows when you smileConsiderable resources were expendedconstructing that smileMy face is on crooked and I've wasted more timeEyes practically glowing redFrom the incindiary rounds in my headThis feeling of being roastedI was dreadfully polite about it, thoughBe your television show and allYour flashing reflections in the morningOn windows, windshields, eyelidsAnd wheeling flocks backed by patina domesHalt the proceedingsThe processionAs my head fell in the basketPitchforks and torchlightBecause I never pay attention to anythingLeast of all,Some late night torso heap with bad musicDay to day must be boringOr else why would you...Have smelled it before I didRed in tooth and clawKeep your isotopes out of my teaI want to be like waterWater always follows itself
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:05 AM 0 comments
Friday, January 19, 2007
Writing On A Napkin
Expired pastrami sandwich.Is this a good idea?But I'm so hungry.Or bored.It's kind of sticky.Does it smell okay?Wait, what does bad pastrami smell like?Does it go around rolling other coldcuts for their condiments?I'll just put more pepper on it.If I was at home, I could see if the cats would eat some first.Ah, fuck it.Worst that'll probably happen is a day off work.
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 4:01 PM 1 comments
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Quadrapedia
I want a guttural understanding of the way life soundsIf that can be said to be a goalTo inhale it through both open mouth and flaring nostrilAs though I had a Jacobson's OrganRoll in itRut in itLope through itTear off great chunks and gulp them downRock on my haunches with life dribbling off my chin
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:40 PM 1 comments
Buoyancy/Boy And Sea
This meant more than oxygen.I was Muad'Dib in a stillsuit,inheriting knowledge.And flying under waterwith my father.Could've stayed downthere forever.No walls in the ocean.When you realize youcan still breathe, thereis a kind of freedomthat doesn't come in tanks.
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 10:14 AM 1 comments
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Randy In The Doorway
Met a bum name of Randy standing in a doorwayHe asked for CHANGETold him I had noneOffered him a drink from my flaskTo take the chill off, I said"Damn right it's cold," he said"Lose your job 'cause of a fuckin' cunt?""Well, that's what happened to me!"
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:14 PM 1 comments
Workaday Workaway Walkaway
Graveyard humour in the smokers cornerStaffroom sitcom coffee chatterSmoke my way through the dayand maybe I need to eat so damn muchbecause I hardly ever sleepSubtle jibes and polite fuck yousand no goddamn sugar for coffeeProtocol and decorum are for pansiesI won't deign to worry anymorebecause I hardly ever sleepLooped shop music, recycled airFlakey elitist bubble I bounce offI'm Bill Bixby's retarded janitor,in The Incredible Hulkbecause I hardly ever sleep
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 12:36 PM 0 comments
Uniform Pants
Change me from tall to squat and navy blueMake my ass all sweaty and the wind blows right through themThe seam of which is a polyester saw so my guts will fall outThe fly never stays up and the cuffs swish like a gangly sailor,attracting static pubic carpet fibresOne day I will melt these uninformed pants down into a cube of plasticAnd I will use the cube as a paperweight in my office
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 12:31 PM 0 comments
Rhyme For Reason
All of humanity'smoral insanityrooted in vanityall over the planet, see?See the smouldereye of the beholderover your shoulderjust get wiser, never older
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:14 AM 0 comments
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Constancy
I can taste the venom in her voiceCarry this bottle like an infantThe sun explodedThere was a moment you could see it comingOrange shockwaveRippling out like stones on waterI've a simian footHairier than the other and prehensileSo rollick. Cavort.Each man shall eat, drink and work for all of his daysI'll secrete if you absorbPocky cabdriver told me a joke about rottweilers and vaginasI told him I'd even eat the bones and he suddenly dropped me off
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:09 AM 2 comments
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Fugue
The body has to know when to fast or when to exceed itWhat chance does it stand when it's reputation precedes itIf your genes won't fit and you just don't quit,keep a separate mind in a bowl.Overfeed it and it floats on it's side,leave it buried in a pile of coal.Watch me do Moriarty and Paradiseat the very same time.I'll write this shit while I'm doing itand it pr'olly won't even rhyme.Well, young man, is it for bestare you ever gonna learn?When you live each day like a vision quest,you're gonna get a chemical burnDon't drown in the stream...........(of consciousness)If life's but a dream............................(merrily)Full moon, paranthetical cloudsIt ain't so bad if you can beat the crowds
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 3:12 PM 0 comments
Monday, January 01, 2007
In The Wind
There's werewolves.They'll turn and jump on ya like nuthin'.That moon waxes and the tides shift.Is it gonna be any easier for our kids?Ought seven.How 'bout that?Why, I oughta...Will they excavate this basement a thousand years from now,and invent elaborate scenarios to explain all of this?Gerald and Saddam at once.Oh,and James Brown.Let's have noisemakers and parartroopers and watchthe ball drop over Times Square.Where's the Deus Ex Machina when you need it?And the economy failed.Struggled along taxing carbon,They found new life on jungle plateaus.And Hawking's wrong about colonisation.Feat on the ground.
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 7:16 AM 1 comments
Friday, December 29, 2006
Plains Chases
I never understood human behaviourThis breeding ball like snakes at the barThis shop till you drop and ignore the warI want to get there, and fastWhat we do after that is up to youIf you come early I'll come soberDon't you cry when they swing us by the tailCausing a ruckus in the railroad stationLaying eyes down from these twisting treesPut my mad hat on and CHANGE PLACES
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 3:58 PM 0 comments
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Thank You
That's how I knew I was back on trackWhen old Tommy started singing from Charles and JackAnd the world began to shine againMy hand was working to break my penThe snow come thick and I didn't careSaw connections shone everywhereWere signposts, warnings and good adviceAll visible through the dark and the iceTake another trip out and back some dayBut right now here's where I'm gonna stayIt's a fine little thing that I did seeThe world didn't move on without meThere's folk that'll probably never knowHell above and Heaven belowWhen your block is broken and your fear is goneAnd you're pretty damn sure that your lines are drawnWe're riding this rock for another yearThis stumbling, crumbling blue green sphere
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 7:04 PM 1 comments
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Poem With A Title That Doesn't Begin With L
i am herewith everyone and nottherei was thereso were youi saw you theresomething bit mein the crook of my armspot no bigger than a dimethousands of dollars poured into that holegot sickso pale folks looked right through mecouldn't hear the music anymoreat ease at lastthat hardscrabble shuffle of my mortal coilhung uplaid downwhat's the name of this song?
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 8:25 PM 0 comments
Monday, December 18, 2006
Let's Go Round The Bend
Bury me in a cornfieldNo tiny funeral sandwichesOr pulpit sales pitchesCome pour whiskey on me once a yearHave a wakeMe on the tableLay out the good silverCelebrate until I get ripePut me in a wheelbarrowOn the back porchLet me fall up into the skyAnimals will spread my partsWear that skirt I likedWaste no time getting on with things
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 12:52 AM 1 comments
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Looking At You When You're Not Looking
Shake me looseFree me upOpen all these doorsTaller because of youI'd ride out your stormBring me withCould be of useLet me outHold me downTake what you needStay aroundUnless you won'tI can float
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 3:40 PM 0 comments
Friday, December 08, 2006
Late Alone Flow
Reverse electron spinNeurochemical happenstanceMistranslated syncopationCrashing gently alongStand barefoot in the snowDrinking greener pasturesVariable agents sleeping uprightWaystations at the crossroadsThese snarling spasmodic bifurcated clarinetsCarry the burden decrease the populationInundation thresholdA voiceWhirling stunned and readySoak these guitar strings in saltwaterRelease Fibonacci timebombs left as barbed jokesSimhavaktra's stomping dance has scarred my backBelt of heads disfigured by confusion and viceWe all need distractionPolyhedrous panopticonThese horizons stretched to a shining wireImponderable consequences like mortarWrap us up in thisUnfurling stream of consciousnessNever too tired to swim
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 4:38 PM 0 comments
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Mother Nature's been runnin' since the seventiesShe won't get away that easyWe have ways of making her talkGot to lay the blame somewhereIt's always the parentsWe'll fix thisMoney solves everythingAin't nothin' free anymore
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 6:25 PM 0 comments
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
WWIII
Is already happeningDesensitizeIt's okayWe're winningI think.There's been no great reaction against it so someone must beHere, look at sports and celebritiesMaybe a car chase on the newsHave some drinksEarn, spend, consumeIgnore that voice in the back of your headTrust us.There's no reason to be alarmedyet
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:33 AM 1 comments
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Twelve Hours, Eight Minutes
Cloud cover so low you can taste itIce hanging in the airNasty nasty weatherWeather or notOver this the sky's so orangeBundle trundle stumble bumbleBeCold. Sumbitchin' cold
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 7:32 PM 0 comments
Friday, December 01, 2006
Question
Am I really saving my ass, doing this?Is it just bandaids on a crumbling dam?Or putting it out there consequences be damned.I'll keep writing. I just don't give a fuck, I'm crazy like that.But does anyone wonder if it means anything?Nanosecond before I hit the Publish button, I wonder.Filling up the internets with foolishness.What the hell else would I do?If I shout these things on a crowded street corner,am I still a poet?I don't care if I ever was.Got to do this now, or expect a rupture.You can laugh. Go ahead.I'll write a poem about you laughing at my poem.Some kind of Moebius thing like a house of mirrors where it turns out you're just laughing at yourself inside my poem.Yeah.
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 7:15 PM 1 comments
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Locust Man
Shamble along one arm shorter than the otherFall, get up again, fallStop short of the door, reelKeep going contorted visage ensures exclusionLook over that too high shoulderConfirming what's already knownWear enough coats to blend right on inBounce off the door, straightenCounting sidewalk cracksSpit black invective at your own reflectionMaking pops and clicks in the back of your throatThen start to runCrowds parting like MosesBroadcasting scrambled non-cogenciesWhoever you crash into will simply be absorbed
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 1:03 PM 0 comments
Monday, November 27, 2006
Arbeitrary
The idea that I could be doing something elseis a stone, sharpening itself in my shoeWhat's this money worth again, as you sellyour life walking around in circlesWas a time you couldn't hold me downI was indestructible and the women all loved meI walked from one end of the highway to the otherBut it was in a straight line going somewhereThe money's alright but I could sleep all dayOr maybe just pick up and run for monthsDidn't care what I ate so happy for anythingEvery couch and floor was the same homeCan't seem to learn that bullshit way of talkingthat gets most anyone through their daysMaybe never gonna run again, stay put behaveWon't stop thinking about it, though
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 1:36 PM 2 comments
Pony Up
I was a shetland ponyNone too long agoWorking in a coalminePulling skids to and froAfter work, at the pony barI drank my barley popWashed black dust off my muzzleAnd shined my riding cropI went to pony churchI paid my pony duesI rarely ever whickeredAs I sat in pony pewsWhen my pony life was overI had not one complaintIn heaven they had cloverFor the pony patron saint
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 10:33 AM 1 comments
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Unsinkable Mary
Comes in almost every dayI swear she's like, a hundred years oldShe says it's because they had to eat dandilion roots during the depressionCrawled on their hands and knees eating them right out of the groundSays she still does it every summer, that's why she lives so longWonder what her neighbours thinkDon't imagine she gives a damn what they thinkWe should all be so lucky
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:44 PM 1 comments
Verbal Domination
cessationnegationsalvationtemptationsensationvibrationlubricationlibationinebriationdehydrationimitationmutationdestinationdesperationmoderationliberationlevitationcodificationhallucinationresusitationmisinterpretationsurface assimiliation
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 1:24 PM 0 comments
5 am Truth
And it'll just pour out suddenOne minute small talk, the next hugeWeighted things people drag aroundSolve a whole hell of alot with honesty like that at 5 pm
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 1:15 PM 0 comments
PAIN
Is a state of mindIs a state of mineIs not a statement of mineState your mind
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:50 AM 0 comments
Jimmy Crack Corn
Got the fixTook my licksHad some kicks that don't existSat in the backOf the bayou shackSlicked my hair back with carrion shellacSaw white rabbitsShake their habitsIf you see something good grab itI'm not crazyYou're just lazyHere's the part where shit gets hazyAnd these mothahfuckin' boots are for stompin', not dancingSequin girls, I'm not sure about thatAlcohol's no excuse for disrespectEveryone is their own doppelganger
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 3:16 AM 1 comments
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Maybe This Is Not A Poem
The multifaithful going by wearing expressions of suretyMy brain is itchy and I'm already sick of holiday muzakLoving the green of cooked garlic after a couple daysThinking of those great hordes of Cabbage Moths from fallThe snow came and turned the evening black and whiteTrouble sleeping again, I want Modafinil so I won't need toJohn Henry Fine Day is gone from here. I just spoke to himI'm feeling tired and brittle lately, my fingertips are soreCarrots do not belong cake, nor pumpkins in pie, zuchinni?
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 7:48 PM 1 comments
Writing
Tool/Toy?Vent-BottleNon Lethal Energy WeaponMakeAmuse your friends and relatives!Encode your madness in easy to swallow capsulesKill time before it kills youCause people to guessVacate your vowelsSpill. The beans, the milk, your guts and paint with them
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 6:14 PM 0 comments
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Apex
Tear the membranePass through to where everything is exactly not the sameEven geometry won't quite holdCould you look back through?It's cloudy, I knowYou might not want toNo one can stay here for very longDie of astonishmentSo far from where this startedGo ahead. Don't understandIf it was important they'd teach it in school
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 2:44 PM 0 comments
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Bag Lady
Arms raisedThe light trickled off herLooking up to where clouds made a chapel ceilingPurely roaring silencePalms openThe grass all bent in her directionAnd everything held tight onto its breathWaiting to seeFeet plantedSwirling fumes merged with her hairGround heaved up pushing out stonesAir was thrummingPushed her shopping cart out of the alley,heading for the soup kitchen.
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 1:48 PM 0 comments
Friday, November 17, 2006
Dear Throat Infection,
Back so soon?Gee, I must have a really comfortable throat.There's plenty of room in my lungs if you'd like to invite your in-laws.Did you bring me anything?A manly sounding voice, you say.Oh I love what you've done with the place.The grid of raised texture really pulls it all together.Can I get you anything?I know you didn't like the erythromicin.Maybe I'll shop around a bit.Bleach.Napalm! You'd like napalm, wouldn't you?We'll be having Brillo pads for lunch, and then I'll sing you a little song!
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 11:50 AM 2 comments
doldrum
drink until the bass feels like masturbationwatch tall women set down collapsing leather satchelsi'm going blindcount the money in your pocket while you have a conversationit's cold out you fuckers let's burn this place down
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 10:19 AM 0 comments
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Series #2
PolyesterMonitorCoffeeRadioClockKeysDesk
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 8:17 PM 0 comments
Scorched Paw
Up howling in a shower of sparksTore back into the woodsJaw jutted and grindingAs little mothers shuddered in bedPulling down the stars as it wentGleaming fur stood like broken glassBrooked a stream and drank without stoppingLips curled back at old gods
posted by My Head Is Too Big at 6:39 PM 0 comments
Highku
then I saw one goosein the flock of so manybreak off and go back



Siento
My body was absurdly modified by the time they let me goswivel headsprung legssnap handsone eye smashed inthe other had seen too muchAnd I take nothing for granted, which is a giftthey encased my mind in lucite for meit will always be the samemy love of humanity and its various preoccupationsI always know exactly where I amwhere I'm goingnot everyone can laugh the way I doknowing where I was


I'll Drink To That
Let's get hopped up and make bad decisionsPlay on each other's insecurities till someone breaks a stringHave conversations so heated they should be held away from solventsI'll drink Bukowski under the table, but there's things chittering away in the dark down there


Crescendo
Frost flew off me like exploding plasterA steady rising hum blocked out everythingCleared my throat and a tree cracked in halfMy reflection on fire, I fought for balanceI could hear conversations two towns overFeel the power lines with my hairTried not to point myself at anything fragileMy heart distant cannon fireA swarm of iron filings chased me from the railyardI caused lenticular clouds to formSpent and heaving I fell asleep in a culvertWoke up with a full beard laughing



Discontent
borderlandsover the plainsice chasing themspreading so fastthe road disappearedwood too cold to burneyes began to crystallizeseamless ground and skywinds enough to rend formpeople dreamt in blue and greenthe horses died and just stood therefrozen machinery discarded in their waketime meaningless in the long white countrythe lead group fell and was eaten by those behindshouts fell from throats and shattered on the ground



Not At All Nautical
He was a writerA lover, no fighterWho married a sea captain's daughterWent down offshoreHis books were no moreThey all got soaked in saltwaterThe words ran togetherIn the maritime weatherThe story slid off of the pagesBut rather than sinkIn an ocean of inkHe decided to drink it in stagesHe drank chapter oneBy the time he was doneHe was green around the gillsThen came chapter twoAnd before he was throughCame a shuddering bout of the chillsNo chapter threeBy this time you seeHe'd lost his taste for the oceanHis sea legs were goneLike the boat he'd been onFrom drinking this saline ink potionThe sea gave a bellowDisgorged our poor fellowOnto a soft spit of sandSo now I am thinkingThat instead of sinkingI'll stick to writing on land



No-Face Rears His Nondescript Head
No-Face dissolved back into the crowdHaving just had enough of the matterThe matter was hard to define and loudAnd was mostly the same idle chatterNo-Face appeared at the back of the roomIt's lonely, dissolved and not anywherePut on a long coat, shuffled out of the gloomBack because there weren't really any thereNo-Face got hungry, once in a whileSo he went out to eat conversationsGarnished with frowns, the occasional smileAnd tentative, sweet hesitationsNo-Face got cold or the stories got oldSo he took off the coat and he vanishedBack into nowhere with the tales they toldTo save for when he was famishedNo-Face's coat was ratty and wornThe pockets all eaten by fliesThe cuffs and the collar were old and tornBut it still made a handy disguiseNo-Face can only be seen in the coatThe rest of the time he's transparentTake it off him and away he would floatOnce the misdirection became apparentNo-Face lurks in crowded barsAnd busy meeting placesAlways searching wide and farFor people with real faces


Tomfoolery
Ran my watch through the washing machineTrying to tell time by the stains on my jeansHead works too hard, I'm always tiredDaydreaming at work, I might get firedUncertain times are a-changin', I hearFill me with smoke then douse me in beerSummer is gone but our love will remainOkay I stole that one from Tom Waits' brainSituation normal, all status quoBatten down hatches, prepare for snowPardon, I'm rambling and not making senseThe grass isn't greener when you straddle the fenceYou just get an ass full of splinters and paintI write what I feel like. Chaucer I ain't.



Why, yes sir. Right this way."
Walk stilted on juddery automatic legsHear a creak as your face smilesDon't come unhinged and fly open exposedHope the momentum carries you throughTry to resist shaking loose of this tediumNot falling off but outright leapingAnd say to yourself: "Well, at least..."


And We Ran
All the way to the horizonLeaving trouble behind us like cast off garments and shed skinsPinetrees reflected on still lakes like soundwavesas we crashed through the undergrowthWe slept in clearings and drank cold skiesText fell away, then speechWolves could not keep up, even if they'd wantedWe grew lean and slick and we cut the airSpoke in images, scentsand blessed the prey we ran downForgot work, moneyRemebered the roaring silence from beforeFollowing magnetic pathsRan until we understoodEyes flashing, breathing steamOur feet barely touched the earthThen I woke up sweating



Carapace
fissures open, hairlinehundred faces spill outwith gossamer wingsbreaking for daylightindigent city plannersmake their homes insidewhat's left, thorax, shellcarrying their belongingsrush in on sectioned legsbuild unsound structuresgeodesic faceted roomsand pheromonal fountainssteady paced expansionto crackling overflowinclement weatherforestalls reinforcementskittery outbuildingssway within their linesmigrants drawn fromimpossible distanceshore up the numberscollapse


Up The Shattered Hills
carry this with you to keep you safewear this to keep you warmeat this to keep you goingkeep your head downyour powder dryavert your eyesflatten outjump and runavoid falling overkeep moving don't stoptry to keep up with the restkeep your head above the watermay the good lord bless and keep you



Moral Vacation
Steak and whiskey, big cigarsWhores and coke in stolen carsPills and porn and cockfightsBeer and guns with bad sightsDark alleyways and backdoorsWaking up on bathroom floorsGamble, cheat and smuggle dopeThirteen knots in good strong rope


All Fall Down
Sleepy with filtered light and positive ionsFoggy drizzle making diamonds on spiderwebsSummer's lilting echoKids in slickers collecting stonesYou smell the trees like nobody's business when it's damp like thisI stopped working for a minute and the day was so beautiful it affected my motor functions



Kwaidan
Angelic and deadlyGrinning child slung low on her hipLong hair sweeping the graves of her ancestorsTears of liquid flame on alabaster cheekContrapuntal jangling chimes drift behind herTouch the ground with my forehead three timesSerene wailing ghost in the corner of my eye




Stone Baby Notices Time Speeding Up
Lithopaedian heir to a corrosive dynastyNacre concretion in the belly of timeRose marble eyes watch the processaccelerating with glazed disinterestEndless recombining of letters, colours, numbersNo more plateaus, only spikesJolting duality goes unnoticed amidst the crowdBehind the leering camouflage of idiocyForget. Let it slip away, never in life.




Sheen
Head down this road, figures on either sideSky's never big enough, hardpan crumblingSilhouetted wingspan, wide as I am tallAmbient vibrating noise of machinery in the distanceDusk's long fingers playing up the day's backA mile wide bowl in the earth, where the flowersall grow backwards and at an alarming rateDimly lit hospices where the residentshave never met, but are familiarOne's disposition and comportment ward offthe randomized interlopers and kombinatorsHuge reciprocating insects whose intentsare always grainy and sepia tonedThe trees will go on breathing,despite evidence to the contrary




Dissolve
I want to break down.Be with everything all at once.Seep into the groundwater, hang in the air.Slide off my tired bones and float downstream.I will foam at the river's edge.A fine spray at the shoreline.I'll be inert, benign particulate.You'll inhale me without knowing it.But I will catch in the lungs of indecent men.Motes of me will spell out poetry in the sunlight.Spread out into undetectable levels of concentration.Go sub-atomic and prevent unwanted explosions.



Magnetic Poetry, Slow Days at Work#9
slow moon and soft clouds in the red sky aboverun blind drunk in a dirt circlebeer, these dusty boots and I


Fluoride
My legs are growing so fast it hurtsNow I'm too big for all my shirtsI've never had a cavityJust early onset pubertyTopical usage, do not ingestWhy is there so much hair on my chestShouldn't be shaving, just a kidLook what fucking fluoride didIn the morning I pop and creakMy teeth are strong, my joints are weakNow I'll get old really quickFluoride was a dirty trickRapid aging state I'm inBut my corpse will have a toothy grin


Rome(ferocious america is blind and decaying)
Rome is upon us, just south of hereCaesar awaiting the fallToday on their T.V. they pitted man against beastAll box seats at the colliseum, call 'em as we see 'emFight for fossil fuel in the holy landSlightly built Asian manEats hotdogs against a grizzly bearForty dwarves pull a D.C.10 against an elephantElephant wins, little people cheerDown in Rome, just south of hereEating, breeding, without fearDown in Rome, just south of here


Love
Love is a copper-jacketed hunting shellIt enters your chest, begins to swellHappens so sudden it's hard to tellIf you were hit before you fellOne thing I can do withoutThe bigger hole on the way outMy baby was a damn good shotBut the exit wound is all I've gotCentre mass, knocked me downToo many guns in this here town


Gone Away
Don't worry 'bout me, family and friendsGonna see the world before it endsLaying of hands, speaking in tonguesEvolutionary ladder full of broken rungsDrinkin' in the desert, starvin' on the farmGot a public record longer than your armAngel on my left, devil on my rightSomewhere in the middle I stumble through the nightA gentleman, a scholar, poor impulse controlUse a hollowed out skull for a cereal bowlEvery time they think they got me I go and disappearI'm just a sign of the times as the end draws near


February
dirty rusted lines of traincars snaking out across the frozen prairiesthe returned man goes out walking, shirtless in the freezing foghalo of condensed breath, feet hanging in the airbare footprints in the snow without touching downPetrolia Road, Kaliumtaste potash in the back of the throatcoyotes howling in the wind, sleeping under dirty white blanketsarms dangling at my sides, never could sleep long enough


Rebecca
The wind blowing to beat the devilPoor John Hardy looked dishevelledFool me twice, shame on meHe'll push off, drift out to seaThe rail he rode right out of townHappiness, no money downMultiply bird by window paneDivide, subtract, begin againIsaiah 53:7Monkeys don't get into heavenPull the thorn out of his pawJump into his gaping mawYou'll taste so much better rawForget everything you sawI live outside your bedroom doorCurled up on the hardwood floorYou'll think we might have met beforeI can't see you anymore


Dammit, I think I'm a bachelor again
Made the switch back from pink soap to whiteGot the whole bed to myself every nightBut I'm cold when I sleep and there's nobody thereNo sweet smelling skin, no soft fall of hairBut I'll do the dishes when I damn well decide!Want time to myself? I don't have to hideBut the house is so empty, the house is so bigShe was probably right. I'm a self absorbed pig.


Your point being?
Got a headfull of dirt and bugsShifting patterns like persian rugsMissed the punchline of the cosmic jokeNaked in the laundromat flat brokeI think maybe we drove too farScraping angel feathers off the tires of the carLow cabin pressure, metal fatigueGive up lad, you're out of your leagueTime for a change, gonna wash my shirtGot a headfull of bugs and dirt

No comments: