Thursday, January 3, 2008

224 and Counting

getting fat.

61 lbs. heavier than I was 3yrs ago.
people say, "No... really? Well, you carry it well!"
but I can feel my thighs rubbing together.

this young woman, Catherine maybe?
I've been staring at her for about 3yrs now.
she's beautiful in every way I like a woman to be.

a dancer, she dances at the bar, dances on the street.
she shakes those hips and I go all wobbly inside.
can't be more than 21...

we always have these long, free smiles when we pass.
I tell myself she knows I'm checking her out,
that maybe she even likes it the way she smiles back.

wears these short, striped skirts over her jeans and hypnotizes me.
got drunk one night and told her friend I thought she was amazing.
she still smiles at me, in that sly kind of way.

but now I suck my gut in when I see her.

No comments: